Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 50 Marianna to Quincy, FL

Went across the street this morning for donuts and coffee before Linda had the oats and eggs ready. The eggs were about gone when I got back and I declined the oats. The 50 mile ride today was incredibly lovely and enjoyable. We had tree lined, cool roads and then a traffic-less road thru a corridor of pine trees and hardwood forests. It was a delightful day. The cue sheet mentioned restaurants around the town square in Quincy. NOT. I'm afraid Q has been left behind economically. We finally found a Captain D's that was OK. Arriving at the Parkway Inn (formerly Holiday Inn), four of us found that we were actually assigned to the brand new HI Express which was next door. With high beds, 4 pillows, beautiful linens, long and thick towels, you'd think I'd be set up for a good night's sleep. Not. The temp never went below 75 and I tossed all night. Oh, well. . . . Today we went thru Sneads, then Chattahoochee. Before C we crossed the Appalachicola River where I took a picture of a half bridge (talk about 'bridge out'). Going up the hill to town - it sits on a high bluff or ridge - I saw a quarter and a nickel on the road and stopped to pick them up. :)) Mama would be pleased.. . Also in C, we turned north on Decatur St. and rode 3/4 mile to Georgia state line! Margaritas are promised for tomorrow. . . Leaving C we rode along Lincoln St. and passed many lovely homes. . . I've ridden 2777 miles to date!

No comments: