Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 45 Pascagoula to Dauphin Island, GA

New state - our 7th and you know what that means! This crowd (including me) really looks forward to Michelle's margaritas. She's perfected the recipe! . . . We rode over the awesome looking bridge to DI with no trouble. Even Candice swallowed her bridge phobia and made the ride successfully. Unfortunately, Katie had a flat at the top on her Friday but was able to ride on in to the condos. . . . I enjoyed riding today with Linda, our cook, from the 20 mile sag on. BTW - Linda is featured in the May issue of BICYCLE magazine with her famous Mac and Cheese recipe for bike groups. . . . Mary Kay located a restaurant via www so most of us looked for it today for lunch. The Barnacle Restaurant turned out to be the perfect place for me to have an oyster po-boy. I've wanted one since we hit LA. . . . We're settled for two nights here at the Dauphin Island Beach Club and Condos. There are 5-6 of us to a condo. They all overlook a lovely swimming pool and beyond that is the beach and ocean. The decor is charming; we feel quite at home. Most of spent the afternoon lying by the pool or walking the beach. Phyllis fell asleep on the beach and got burned. . . My sunscreen protected me just fine. . . . I heard from Susan H. today. She and James, who has just graduated from high school, went skydiving yesterday! That is something I would NEVER do, so I'm really proud of Susan. I probably should take a ropes course or try sky diving in an attempt to get rid of my height phobia. . .To go with the margaritas, Linda prepared a delicious Jambalaya, salad, cornbread, and Paula Dean's recipe for banana pudding. I wouldn't think of telling you the ingredients of the latter but it was mouthwatering! My total miles are right at 2500. Getting close to the end and still enjoying every day.

No comments: