Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 29 Kerrville, TX - off day

By my odometer, we are halfway to FL. I've been 1537.71 miles to date. Imagine that!. . . Woke up today in Laura's lovely guest room. After a leisurely breakfast, she and I walked all around her neighborhood with her neighbor, Eleanor, who is a gifted artist. She's done some really beautiful painting and sculpting with gourds! It was a real treat to see some of her work. All the neighbor's yards were also lovely. I was happy to see my friend from Germantown Library so happily married and situated. After using Jim's computer to read and answer emails, I also updated the blog of a few missing days. Then at 1:00 they took me to Friedhelm's Bavarian Inn for an authentic German meal. I had the Pepper Schnitzel which was delicious. Afterwards, we stopped at the P O.. and mailed a box of winter items home - shoe booties, fleece, etc. Then, Jim drove me around the F'burg residential area and out by the LBJ Ranch home and to the one room school where Johnson first attended school and also signed an education bill. The streets in F'burg are all 6 lanes wide! When the town was founded in the early 1800's, this was to allow enough room for wagons to turn around without having to back up. So many of the homes and buildings on the main street are now recycled but still there. Many other original homes are now B&Bs. It's a lovely, old town. Jim downloaded my camera pics to my flashdrive before driving me back to Kerrville. Spent over an hour on the hotel lobby pc continuing on the blog update. It was a good day - restful and enjoyable.

No comments: