Sunday, April 27, 2008
Day 47 Dauphin Island to Pensacola, FL
I think everyone hated to leave our lovely accommodations, the beach and pool, etc. @ Dauphin Island; but leave we did. We were all at the ferry by 7:45 for the 8 am ride over to Gulf Shores. On such a beautiful day, the ride was very pleasant. I visited with some of the auto drivers and watched the Laughing Gulls. I incorrectly referred to them yesterday as seagulls. They are such characters as they chatter and glide around over head. Some have red beaks. After the ferry I really enjoyed the ride on Hwy 292 thru Gulf Shores and along the beach. After I crossed the high bridge near FL state line, I saw the highrise condo - The Carib - where Catherine and Danny stayed last year on vacation. Soon after that, Bo Peep was parked next to Mary's brother-in-law Allen, who drove down from Atlanta to welcome her home to FL. Mary's from Gainesville. He had a sheet draped over the car with "CAL - FL. We love Mary." As was suggested, I and a dozen others stopped at Triggers for sushi. They no longer serve sushi, but the oyster po-boy was mighty fine. After that the ride went a little south. The scenic hwy 90 thru Pensacola to the Ramada Inn was quite dangerous. There were some incidents that occurred which put a damper on things, but, thankfully, everyone is OK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment