
Today, I am in Blythe, CA and it's our first day off. Mary from Gainesville and I walked to the library after cleaning our bikes. The attached picture is Sue our birthday girl of the day. We celebrate 4 birthdays on the trip. Mary taught me how to REALLY clean the chain and derailleur and Michelle made an adjustment on my gearing. Yesterday, something happened to make shifting difficult. Cleaning chain probably helped a lot. I still can't seem to get email so will look for an ATT 800 number and see if I can just change my password. Frustration! Blythe is a lovely town, flat like the MS delta. The library has 5 public pcs. I signed up for an hour but haven't been run off yet. Had to sign my life away but that's ok. There's no one here but a few WT folks, so it's VERY quiet. They have the same cell phone signs that we have in Memphis, but I have the feeling the warnings are enforced here.
On to Arizona tomorrow!
On to Arizona tomorrow!
5 comments:
Clark
I sent you an email but it sounds like you can't receive them, so I will try this. I am following your blog and enjoying it so much; riding with you vicariously. Susan and I talked tonight. She is in Jackson visiting Wade's family and will be back in Dallas Friday.
Keep writing on your blog. I am reading every word.
Carol
Clark,I'm loving your blogspot. I am so proud of you.
hey clark! it's stephany. sounds like you were really prepared for the ride and that you're having a marvelous experience. i'll keep looking at your blog to see your progress.
Yes, Taylor - Mary may have shown you how to clean your chain, but does she carry your suitcase into the motel each night? I am looking foward to following you as you retrace the steps Holly and I (as well as 17 other women) took on WT's inaugural Southern Tier ride. We will be "reunioning" in California this coming weekend - the 10th anniversary of that incredible adventure. Wishing you tailwinds - and a schlepper to carry your bags. Judi a/k/a TheWanderingJu :-]
Hi, hope this works, I'm having some trouble getting this right. Too many accounts in this world. Got your email but will answer here to reduce your email load. Your ride sounds wonderful so far, but if I ever do it, you'll just have to do it again too, to keep me company. I don't doubt I can do the ride, just didn't like being away from home so long. Maybe when Annie is a grownup!
GIve my regards to Barbara, Linda and Michelle. Tell L&M I gained weight on the river ride and they are to blame (also your pie and Curtis's BBQ). However, I lost the extra and more this fall and I've never felt better, so its all good.
Keep on having fun and please, please stay safe!
Happy trails, Dusty
(Mom's okay, not great but better than ever expected. Thanks for asking.)
Post a Comment