Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 3 - Jacumba to Brawley, CA


Leaving Jacuma we had a 5 1/2 mile climb. Penny, Hanna, Judy and I continue to make a good riding group. From time to time the group gets larger. The winds were extremely gusty this morning - probably 40 mph at times. After the long climb we had a glorious 10 miles descent through the In Kah Pah Pass. (not sure I spelled that correctly). We were actually on the interstate so we had great shoulder. The mountains were so beautiful. I just can't describe the purple mountain majesty and the boulder mountains. I had chill bumps as I sang America the Beautiful over and over! The descent was so exhillarating. After that, though, the road was bumpy, windy, hot and long. Micky, our youngest who happens to be a champion cyclist, taught me some of the finer points of riding in a pace line, and I really enjoyed doing that. A large group of us stopped at a good Mexican family restaurant in El Centro for Sunday lunch. Drank my Endurox and cleaned my bike when I got in to Brawley.

No comments: