No pictures today although it was another perfectly beautiful day of cycling. It was different, though, as we traveled 50+ miles through city traffic, suburbs, travel parks, 55 retirement communities, etc., etc. The traffic was moderately heavy and loud. Most of the trip was covered in designated bike lanes which was wonderful. Memphis can sure take lessons from AZ on bike lanes. . . Bo Peep was parked at 20 miles out in a beautiful community park where lots of athletic games were taking place. No place along the way to eat lunch. Some took a break at Starbucks. I, unfortunately, never saw it. Mary and I finally pulled in at Fry's supermarket and had a picnic in their deli. Girl Scouts were selling cookies out front and promised to watch our bikes. We bought 2 boxes (they were out of Trefoils so we got the lemon and Thin Mints) on our way out. I had to bungee them in my handlebar bag but that worked just fine. We only had about 10 more miles at that point. Since we arrived so early at the Super 8 most of us had to wait for room service. I've used the time to relax, do my devotional reading, answer your emails and do what I'm doing now. :)) My roommate is gracious to let me borrow her laptop. . . . Tomorrow we're off to Globe and over mountains. The weather report is not good but if it's snow or ice, Bo-Peep and the van will haul us over. So, we'll be fine. I'll get to wear those winter cycling shoes I've been hauling around and the one long sleeve jersey that I brought. To the MS Divas: I learned so much last summer from so many of you. I now wear cycling sandals and I have arm warmers, leg warmers and a wind vest - all essential equipment for a trip like this. And, thanks to Judi and Holly for schlepping my luggage, but I can now actually hoist my bag over my head and pump it a few times. How 'bout that? I give my YMCA instructors all the credit for this latest achievement! So long for now. Don't know when I'll again post but I will be back!
Keep those cards and letters (email/comments) coming, but you may not receive replies. For some reasons when I've tried to reply to your comments from my email, they're being returned. I'll try to figure that out soon.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment