Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 21 Ft. Davis

Today is an "off" day and I'm at the library in Ft. Davis trying to get caught up. Since the computer is slow about uploading pictures, I'm going to lunch at Murphy's and then back to the lodge. Today is my birthday! and I'm having a great day. I've talked to Catherine, Gray and Margaret and have a message from Carol. The girls strung a HB banner outside my room and hung balloons from it this AM after breakfast.

More later.

After I returned to the lodge, there was a map meeting just outside my room where the van was parked. As the ladies enjoyed an afternoon wine or cold drink, they began pulling out little gifts for me! Everyone had been into town and done a little shopping. I received bar end tassels for my bike and green sparkly clips for my sandals, a tin of tasty pecans, cowboy kleenex packs, Ft. Davis souvenirs and other funny, cute or nifty gifts. Linda had purchased a Red Velvet cake and had BD Clark written on the top which everyone enjoyed. My BD turned out to be a wonderful celebration of my special day and I appreciated so much all that everyone did for me.

No comments: