Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 57 Home to Memphis, TN


Gray and family arrived at my motel a little after 7 AM for a final visit. The little girls were sleepy but ready to go on to Sea World. My limo driver arrived promptly at 8 AM. . . I rode in grand style to the Jacksonville airport. The flight home was uneventful. Arrived Memphis in a rainstorm. Catherine had planned to bring the children inside so that Sarah Catherine could watch planes landing, but due to the weather, we nixed that plan. They met me at curbside instead. It was wonderful to see all of them. Sarah Catherine listened politely to Catherine and me and then offered her sweet conversation. Although Daniel was backwards in his seat, he kept his face turned toward me and offered the sweetest smile. . . After unpacking and sorting laundry, I went over to Catherine's for dinner. Danny, who is a master at the outdoor grill, cooked chicken shish-ka-bobs using Frank's secret marinade recipe. UMMMM good! . . . . .

Well, the trip of a lifetime is over! As the result of tremendous prayer support, I truly enjoyed every day. I never felt unduly tired; I slept well; I felt comfortable and safe even under sometimes rough conditions; and, despite eating a LOT of Linda's good cooking and lots of DQ ice cream, I didn't gain a pound! In fact, I lost one pound, so I'm happy about that. God is so faithful and met my every need in many ways with His Amazing Grace!! Thanks be to God!

Statistics: 3 093.5 miles registered on my odometer; 48 riding days; average of 65 miles per day

2 comments:

Connie said...

Clark, it was truly the trip of a lifetime! Congratulations on a fun, safe,and active adventure. I really enjoyed your blog posts. Connie Snipes

Anonymous said...

Clark, this is Sandra Timko's friend Gail Hutcheson. I just wanted to tell you that I loved meeting you and spending some time with you. Meeting all of you has inspired me to get more active so maybe someday I can be as fit as you are. I live 50 south of STL and if you are ever in my area, please do give me a call. We stopped in Memphis on our way home and discovered a lovely downtown city. thanks for sharing a bit of your story with me---and keep on riding! Gail